Who is it for?
Anyone who is required to take minutes.
Dates and location
This course can be taken in-company or as private lessons for one or two people. We will set the number of sessions, dates and location in consultation with you.
Required course materials
You need a laptop to participate in this course.
The exact cost for a private or in-company course will depend on your needs and the size of the group. Would you like to know more? Just fill in our contact form or call us on 020 - 598 64 20. We will be happy to meet for a free consultation without any obligation.
Taking minutes of a meeting
Taking minutes is all about accuracy: you want to write minutes that clearly and exactly reflect the content of a meeting. A matter of not omitting too much, but not becoming bogged down in the details either. How do you end up with clear, concise minutes that can really be a great help to your colleagues? After this course, it will be second nature to you.
On this Taking Minutes course, you will learn how to produce a clear, accessible and well-structured record of a meeting or conference. You will benefit from practical tips that make your work easier before, during and after a meeting. You will also master practical minutes-taking tools, from mind maps to taking minutes on a laptop or tablet, not forgetting methods for taking minutes on paper. We also teach this course in Dutch.
- Types of minutes
- How can you take notes efficiently? Mind maps, abbreviations and other techniques
- Focus during the meeting: listening while taking notes
Listening for better note-taking
- What is the best listening strategy?
- Selective listening
- How do you distinguish between main issues and side issues?
- How do you summarise a conversation clearly?
- Different types of meetings and objectives
- Meeting agenda: the stages of a meeting
Writing up the minutes
- Taking selective minutes: what do you leave out?
- How do you save time when writing up minutes?
- Using formats for minutes
- Taking minutes on your laptop: learn to use a laptop to save even more time and energy when taking minutes.