Who is it for?
People who already speak Dutch at a fairly high level or ‘near-native’ speakers of Dutch (level C1/C2 in the CEFR).
Dates & location
We can offer the course in-company or as individual lessons for one or two people. The dates and location will be decided in consultation with you.
The exact cost for an individual or in-company Advanced NT2 course will depend on your needs and the size of the group. Would you like to know more? Just fill in our contact form or call us on 020 - 598 64 20. We will be happy to make an appointment with you for a free consultation without any obligation.
Dutch for Expats, Advanced NT2
Have you been living and working in the Netherlands for some time? Do you speak Dutch generally well, but sometimes struggle with grammar, pronunciation, or have other issues with the Dutch language? That’s nothing to be ashamed of, because Dutch is certainly a very tough nut to crack.
Our individual Advanced NT2 course will help you to polish your speaking and writing skills in Dutch. Our highly experienced instructors will teach you all sorts of handy tips and tricks to enable you to speak and write Dutch like a pro. You’ll get lots of practice with conversational situations and texts reflecting your own work or social environment, ensuring a steep (but manageable) and above all effective learning curve.
Dutch for Expats, Advanced (NT2)
We always tailor our workshops to the participant’s specific needs based on interviews, intakes and example texts. For example:
- Oral skills: pronunciation, stress and intonation
- Conversation techniques and register: formal and informal language
- Vocabulary: social and work-related.
- Grammar and sentence structure.
- Listening skills: responding to others in conversation.
- Participating in meetings, presenting your own views.
- Verb tenses, articles, conjunctions, prepositions, spelling and sentence structure (compound sentences).
- Vocabulary and idiomatic expressions: figures of speech and idiomatic expressions, fixed word combinations, word meanings, lexical variation and linguistic nuance.
- Formulating sentences and paragraphs.
- Writing letters, emails or longer texts.