Who is it for?
Anyone with international business contacts. Employees from the City of Utrecht, SNS REAAL, Statistics Netherlands and many others have all benefited from this practical workshop.
- Thursday 10 and 17 February
- Tuesday 10 and 17 May
Required course materials
You need a laptop to participate in this course.
€750,- course materials and lunch included (open training course)
The exact cost for a private or in-company workshop will depend on your needs and the size of the group. Would you like to know more? Just fill in our contact form or call us on 020 - 598 64 20. We will be happy to make an appointment with you for a free consultation without any obligation.
Would you like to receive notification when enrolment opens for the new dates? Sign up for a workshop alert. You’ll receive automatic email notifications with new workshop dates as they become available.
Would you like to speak and write English more confidently in a professional environment? After following our Business English training, you’ll find it much easier to communicate in English.
The Business English training is an interactive training in which you will get the chance to actively practice your English. Do you have difficulty finding the right words when writing an English email? Do you sometimes find it hard to hold a telephone conversation? Or do you struggle when switching between Dutch and English? Our Business English training will provide you with the necessary tools to help you further.
This training is given in small groups providing the possibility for personal attention. Before the training, all participants are asked to fill in an intake form. Based on the intake results, our trainer then develops a customized program which enables you to practice with relevant material and practical situations. Of course, all of the language skills will be handled: writing, speaking, listening and reading. We also focus on ‘Dunglish’, cultural differences, grammar and vocabulary.
The Business English course consists of various modules: writing emails, telephone conversations, copywriting, presentation, networking and pronunciation. Of course, you can also arrange for Business English to be taught as an in-company course. Again, it is up to you to select the modules you wish to include. We will tailor our offer to suit your needs.
- How do you write an email using correct English?
- Which standard sentences are used by native English speakers?
- How is punctuation properly used in English?
- Which useful words should be used to help communicate more fluently?
- What can you do to sound more confident and clearer on the telephone?
- Which tricks can help you to quickly switch from Dutch to English?
- How can you liven up your English? How can you keep your story interesting for the listener?
Speaking is an important part of the Business English training. You’ll practice different conversational situations in pairs or in small groups including daily chats, debates, telephone conversations, presentations and meetings.
Grammar and vocabulary
- Learn how to activate your “passive” vocabulary. Most likely, you know more words in English than you think, but do you use them in the right context?
- Which verbs and prepositions can you combine to form native English word combinations?
Grammar is also a focus point during the Business English training. The trainer will refresh your memory with some basic grammar exercises to help with communicating certain information in English.
- What are the most common mistakes made in English by Dutch speakers and how can you prevent them?
- Which words, sentences and pronunciation tips can you apply to sound more like a native English speaker?
- How can you prevent ‘Dunglish’ in order to sound more professional?