Who is it for?
Anyone who takes part in English-language meetings, discussions or (conference) calls.
Dates and location
This course can be taken in-company or as private lessons for one or two people. We will set the number of sessions, dates and location in consultation with you.
The exact cost for a private or in-company course will depend on your needs and the size of the group. Would you like to know more? Just fill in our contact form or call us on 020 - 598 64 20. We will be happy to meet for a free consultation without any obligation.
Business English: Meetings and discussions
Would you like to confidently participate in English-language meetings? After following our Meetings and discussions module, you’ll find it much easier to express your viewpoint and deal with the different situations that might come up during a discussion.
We'll go over the different ways of adopting a position, responding to others and refining your arguments in English. You'll learn how to be firm yet polite, and how to 'read' other participants, who may be using diplomatic language.
We will also pay attention to the vocabulary you'll need when you are the one chairing an English-language meeting. Opening and closing the meeting, allocating roles, introducing the agenda, keeping everyone on target … After following this module, you'll have no problem taking charge.
Chairing a meeting
- Structure of a meeting
- Introducing the agenda, opening and closing items, asking for updates
- Keeping the meeting on target
- Summarising and finishing up
- Expressing an opinion
- Agreeing, disagreeing and expressing reservation
- Interrupting and commenting
- Making recommendations
- Making and responding to requests
- Asking for information or clarification
- Expressing an opinion in various ways (tentative, neutral, forceful)
- Expressing agreement and disagreement in more or less direct ways
- Being both effective and culturally appropriate